The Original Gravy Powder
The original Bisto since 1908
Our Gravy Powder browns, seasons and thickens in one for traditional homemade gravy.
Makes traditional gravy – perfect for homemade meals cooked from scratch.
Potato Starch, Salt, Wheat Starch, Colour (E150c), Yeast Powder (contains Barley), Onion Powder.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. May also contain Milk and Soya.
|Typical values||Per 100g||Per 50ml portion as prepared|
|Energy (kJ)||1037 kJ||39 kJ|
|Energy (kcal)||247 kcal||9 kcal|
|of which Saturates||0g||<0.1g|
|of which Sugars||0.3g||<0.5g|
|Each 50ml portion as prepared contains|
of an adult's Reference Intake *
- 4 x 5ml spoons (4 level tsp) Bisto Gravy Powder, 280ml (1/2 pint) cold water.
- 1. At the end of roasting remove the meat from the roasting tin and set it aside to rest before carving.
- 2. Spoon most of the fat from the roasting tin, leaving the meat juices. Then add 250ml of the water into the roasting tin and gently scrape the bottom of the pan to get any extra bits of goodness free.
- 3. In a saucepan mix remaining 30ml of cold water with 4 teaspoons of Bisto powder until fully dissolved.
- 4. Add the juices from the roasting tin into the saucepan and mix well.
- 5. Gently bring to the boil stirring constantly until thickened Simmer on a low heat for two minutes.
Serve & Enjoy!
Look out for us in your local convenience store, too.